Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Did you know Hispeed net users have more skills than dialup users?

Tashar59 opened this issue on Jan 21, 2005 ยท 56 posts

xoconostle posted Fri, 21 January 2005 at 11:14 PM

I see. And where do the tutorial writers, innovators, and artists of accomplishment among us but happen to be on dialup get their skills, knowledge, motivation, and gain their knowledge? From a secret cabal of even higher-ups who are on cable, DSL, or the really, really super-smart masters with T3 connections? Nope. From themselves, their work, their diligence, their explorations, trials and errors, and for some, their innate talents and capabilities. Were the best artists in pre-internet days the ones with the access to the best teachers and the best art materials? Not necessarily, not that any of those elements hurt, but I'll tell ya, when I was at art school, there were students like me who had to balance classtime and immense loads of homework with working for a living, then there were the offspring of wealthy parents who did not work, could buy hundreds of dollars worth of supplies each week like it was nothing, and who had all the free time in the world, or so it seemed. Were they the better artists or the more diligent students? Oh no, baby, uh-uh. Generally speaking, hard work and a diligent effort to overcome obsticles seemed to be the winning personal factor. I had a color theory teacher at that school who said something that made us laugh, but over the years her wise words have come to mean a lot to me: "All it takes to make great art is a twig and some ink." DSL is great for big downloads though, yeah. :-)