Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Did you know Hispeed net users have more skills than dialup users?

Tashar59 opened this issue on Jan 21, 2005 ยท 56 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Sat, 22 January 2005 at 2:13 AM

Well, in *my* day, we were a little more advanced. We used glorified mechanical calculators that weighed several tons, and we called them computers.

The first device that I worked on was known as the Difference Engine. It was invented by somebody named Charles Babbage. I think that he invented PC games, too.

Anyone familiar with the history of computers should have heard of the Difference Engine.

I go back a long ways............

And what do you think that it was like, connecting to the internet with this device? Talk about slow-w-w-w-w-w. And on top of that, programming was a nightmare.

But the biggest pain of all was running Poser on the thing. Poser kept crashing all of the time, and Victoria always came out looking like she'd been through the wringer.

Man, I always hated that.

And just imagine what it was like when you got your powdered wig caught in the thing. It wasn't pretty, let me tell you.

I attempted to render a Bryce scene on my home Difference Engine once upon a time......I think that the render is still on-going. But good things come to he who waits: the render should be completed in another century or two.

In fact, that's one of the things that initially convinced me to switch to Vue.

I am thinking about upgrading again, but I am not certain if any of my old software will run on a newer machine. We'll see. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Something To Do At 3:00AM