Forum: Carrara

Subject: captain on bridge, WIP

graylensman opened this issue on Dec 20, 2000 ยท 7 posts

graylensman posted Tue, 02 January 2001 at 1:16 PM

Welllllll.... The setting is in the 300th Year of the Ninth Federation. the mission of our gallant crew: to expand the frontiers of the Federation by visiting worlds long ago abandoned in the rise and fall of the previous Federations; to engage in archealogical research, especially for relics of the fabled Third Federation, whose technology, according to legend, approached the magical. I have an outline for the first story; when I find time I'll be scripting it out. With the ship design I'm doing exactly what I vowed not to do with this project: make things make "sense" and "believable". Ugh. What happens is I get bogged down in minutae. I'm looking toward a comic book-type thing, rather than a movie. Can't yet decide wether to make it a web-based thing, or a more traditional "book" in pdf format, to be downloaded. Chip, thanks for the vote of confidence. It's kind of neat, having a sort anticipation, and getting positive feedback. Sometimes I get dissatisfied with results before I'm ever finished with a project. tim