Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: attn Max/poser users: Why did my figure melt?

logansfury opened this issue on Jan 18, 2005 ยท 36 posts

Ajax posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 2:53 AM

OK, I won't list everything but hopefully enough for you to get the idea. The hierarchy needs a fair bit of work, but it's quick to do. Open the PHI in PHI Builder and shift to tree view then just drag and drop things to their proper places. In your screenshot, the chest is connected to the abdomen which is on the hip. That's all good, but then you need the neck on the chest, the head on the neck, the eyes on the head etc insead of having all of those things on the chest. The only things on the chest should be the collars and the neck. You can take a look at Mike in the hierarchy window in Poser to see how he's set up. Once you have the hierarchy right, start thinking about the rotation order. Sometimes it's easier to do this bit in a text editor where you can copy and paste easily. Rotation order goes twist, side-side, bend, so a body part that twists in the y axis and bends in the x axis will be yzx. The hip rotation order is usually yzx rather than yxz for example, since the hip twists around the y axis and bends around the x axis. Every single body part has to have the right rotation order. Once you get that all sorted out and convert the hierarchy file again to make a new cr2, we'll talk about the joint editor which is probably the hardest and most important part of the whole process. Hmmm....I wonder if Geep has a tutorial on it. That might make it easier.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message