Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Error message while rendering movie-Don't understand why

JanP opened this issue on Jan 03, 2001 ยท 10 posts

shadownet posted Wed, 03 January 2001 at 6:09 PM

Hey Jan, this is a new one on me. Does the scene render okay as an image file? and just not as an Avi file or both? Also, does it say which texture map could not be found? I am thinking that either one of the maps is gotten slightly corrupted - in which case you should be able to open it in a paint program and resave it to fix it. The other thing I can think of is that maybe one of the figures/props you are trying to render is calling up a material preset that you changed and some how the line got saved in the pz3 file for the image. In which case you should close Poser and reopen it so that it loads clean, load the Pz3 file for your scene and check the material property windows closely to make sure the right textures have loaded. I had a problem once in which a jpg file somehow loaded as a bum file in the bump map section - and it cause one of my scene to hang on rendering. Maybe something like that is happening. Anyhow, if all the maps check out right in the material properties window, resave the scene as a new file - not back to the same file. Then try to render an avi again. I do not know, but maybe that will work. Hope so. Otherwise, ask again. Maybe someone else here has seen this before and can be of more help. Rob