Forum: Vue

Subject: The Value of Vue?

FranOnTheEdge opened this issue on Jan 29, 2005 ยท 15 posts

aeilkema posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 3:34 AM

I've been a Bryce user for years, used different versions, Bryce 5 as the last one. Since almost a year now I'm a Vue user. How did this come about? Besides being a Bryce user I've been a Truespace and Poser user for many years too. Due to the nature of my work I always used to use all of the 3 application seperately, import all of the rendered items into a 4th application. Last year all of this changed, I decided to create digital comics. Have been creating hand drawn ones for years, but with all of my 3D skills gained over the years I decided to give 3D digital comics a try. Then all of the problems started and Bryce's weaknesses started to show. First of all Poser import was a huge mess in Bryce 5 and needed much adjustments and work. Secondly TrueSpace import wasn't great either. Thirdly rendering large scenes with a number of poser figures in it, just was a nightmare. The DAZ came along claiming to offer the solution to my problem.... but the nightmare became worse. Now I needed to depend on D/S Studio for my poser imports. DAZ D/S Studio couldn't open most of my pz3 file correctly and it's imo one of the worst 3D applications I've ever seen. The nightmare grew bigger and bigger. I also noticed that I wasn't the only having problems gettting my pz3 files into D/S Studio and after reporting it a number of times only to be ignored and brushed off by DAZ, I decided it's time for a change..... Then I noticed Vue 4. It imports Poser 5 stuff without a problem and with Mover 5 it can even handle animations, dynamic hair and cloth.... also the renders are so much better and realistic with Vue 4. The trees are so much better then the ones in Bryce 5. Alpha planes (which I use quite often) are much better too. As far as rendering goes, my scenes do render a lot and lot faster with Vue 4 then they ever did in Bryce 5. Vue 4 also does handle TrueSpace files without a problem, completely intact and textured, got to see Bryce doing that. Then Vue 5 came along, wow, where to start? The improvements are brilliant, all that I missed in Vue 4 coming from Bryce 5 is now a part of Vue 5 too. Bryce is lightyears behind on Vue now. Vue 5 is even easier to use then Vue 4 and it makes Bryce seem complicated. Everything is accessable and makes sense in Vue 5, which wasn't the case in Bryce at all. Now with all of these seperate modules added, Vue is just excellent. Best thing to do is just download the demo and see for yourself. Even getting Vue 4 (which is really well priced now) will be such an improvement over Bryce. But really the main thing that made switch permanently is when DAZ became the new owner of Bryce. After having used D/S Studio for a while, I fear the worst for Bryce. DAZ has little experience in 3D applications, doesn't care about Poser users at all, doesn't listen to their customers at all, as far as I'm concerned they're just after my money. That has been (and still is) my experience with DAZ. My experience with Vue is different. I know they're after my money too, but they do conceil it much better. They've got great support, much experience and they do listen to their customers and care about them. I've requested a number features in Vue and they were very much welcomed. I and others have requested a number of features for Bryce too, only to be laughed at by DAZ, just to show the difference.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk