Forum: Vue

Subject: The Value of Vue?

FranOnTheEdge opened this issue on Jan 29, 2005 ยท 15 posts

MartinPh posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 3:53 AM

I am not familiar with Bryce - when I was looking for a landscape generator, after comparing Bryce galleries to Vue ones the choice wasn't hard. I upgraded to V5 recently, and am very happy with it. It is extremely easy and fun to use, and communicates very well with other programs (I use Poser, Xfrog for additional trees, and Sketchup for architectural modeling).

Compared to Vue I think Poser is an absolute horror - I simply hate working with it: slow, unintuitive, ridiculously impractical interface, constant freeze ups and crashes - everything that Vue is and does not. Actually, Poser figures generally look better when rendered in Vue than in Poser!

Most importantly, of course, I think Vue is capable of outputting images that can compete in quality with those generated in software 4 times the price. The new global illumination/global radiosity renderer is unbelievably good.

I do have issues with e-ons pricing policies (be aware that if you are in Europe, you pay the price in euros rather than dollars, plus added tax) and advertising tactics, but they are responsive to customers' suggestions and complaints.