Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Just wondering :) as ever

Fugazi1968 opened this issue on Feb 02, 2005 ยท 12 posts

maxxxmodelz posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 4:40 PM

Something with no apparent technical oversights makes a good render. To be great, it would have to be really special. Technique and everything else is totally subjective. I can't really say what I like seeing in a render until I see it. BUT... here are some things I definitely don't like seeing in a 3D work: 1) A render/animation where the character's feet are intersecting the ground, or hovering above it (float). 2) When body parts are turned in such as way that can't be humanly possible without causing great pain to an average individual really irks me, and can ruin an otherwise great work. 3) Body parts poking through clothing, or hair props that aren't aligned correctly on the figure (scalp poking through) 4) (this is a popular one) hands that are supposed to be HOLDING something, but the fingers are obviously not touching the object... or worse still... they're just pointed straight out, and the object is simply "parented" to the palm like superglue. 5) Body parts that intersect other body parts. It's safe to say that if a render doesn't have any of those things wrong with it, then I'll think it's good. Great will depend on the subject matter and how it strikes my fancy. ;-)

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.