Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: !!!!!!!!! Why !!!!!!!!! do !!!!!!!!! people !!!!!!!!! do !!!!!!!!!!!! this ????

igohigh opened this issue on Feb 02, 2005 ยท 54 posts

acanthis posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 2:16 AM

I'm glad there's somebody else out there who is annoyed by Punctuation Prefixing. The time that is wasted (yes, that's right, wasted!) renaming files and folders because of this absurdity must add up to hundreds of hours every month across the Poser community! To all merchants I would just say: Please don't do it. It is incredibly annoying. In the end, though, this really comes down to setting proper standards and enforcing them, and that should be the responsibility of the marketplace administrators. Having seen how much irritation this issue causes, it might be nice if Renderosity made it a rule that no product will be accepted for sale if the file and folder names contain spurious punctuation symbols. It also might be nice if a similar rule required all texture filenames to be (a) in a folder below textures with the same name as the product or merchant, and (b) prefixed by the merchant name or ID number (I assume there is one) so FredBloggs_Shoe.jpg or 86201_Shoe.jpg instead of shoe.jpg