Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Shh. It's a secret.

pdxjims opened this issue on Feb 02, 2005 ยท 51 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 12:26 AM

When ferrets sleep, they sleep hard. It's almost impossible to wake the thing up. Not that I spent much effort trying.

Loud noises in the room, talking, loud TV, knocking his cage.....once he was asleep, nothing ever seemed to wake that thing up.

But -- when he was up -- he was in constant motion.

One day I was walking my ferret outside on a leash, with a harness.

From some distance away, a cat spotted the ferret. Apparently thinking that the ferret looked like lunch, the cat came running over. The cat had that satisfied "cat smile" expression that cat owners are very familiar with.

Well, the cat got within 2 feet of the ferret -- and suddenly stopped. The ferret continued to nonchalantly sniff the ground, seemingly unaware of the cat's presence.

The cat's attitude started to change. Increasingly wide-eyed, the cat watched the ferret closely. The beginnings of apprehension started to form........

Suddenly, without warning, the ferret jammed its nose into the cat's face.

The cat jumped backwards two or three feet, hesitated, and then ran away faster than it had come on in the first place.

Your average cat wouldn't stand a chance against a ferret. A lot of dogs wouldn't come out unscathed, either.

Something To Do At 3:00AM