Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Need Help with COnforming Clothes

Icee opened this issue on Jan 04, 2001 ยท 15 posts

Jim Burton posted Sat, 06 January 2001 at 1:04 PM

I made a conforming helmet this morning, works fine, this is how I did it: Made the helmet in Max, fitted it on the dork's head (so it is automatically the right size and the right place). Attached all the various parts to the shell, named that group "head" in Max, exported it 1:1 as a object file called helmet.obj Because there are no suitable existing clothing items that I could steal the CR2 from I used the P4NudeMan CR2, took it in CR2 editor, deleted all the various body parts except the BODY, neck and head (I like to start out one part below the actual mesh), linked and parented the BODY to the neck (instead of the hip, which is now gone), removed the unnessary channels for the hrad (all the head dials), removed the unnessare materials, removed all the weld and IK lines. Oh, and I pointed the CR2 to the helmet object file. I then open the helmut in Poser and set the helmuet to non-bending. It worked perfectly the first time. I've never seen anybody else mention making CR2s from the figure for clothing, but I've done it several time now, it isn't that hard. If I get enough people begging me, I'll put the helmet in Free-Stuff, otherwise is is going with my first collection for Michael, which is in the planning stage now. ;)