Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Spectacular female model.... 3DSMax ---> Poser?

operaguy opened this issue on Feb 10, 2005 ยท 76 posts

stahlratte posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 9:18 AM

Shes great !

I really like the fact that the modeller tried to use only as much polys as absolutely necessary.

Also the proportions are much better than any of the Vickies:
Masha is 6 heads high, not the ridicoulus 8 1/2 heads Vicky and other figures are out of the box.
(Maybe thats why she appears too young to you, Carolly. But 6 heads is perfect for an adult woman. Its Vickys proportions that are wrong, not Mashas.

Of course the price is out of reach for most private users, but the stuff at Turbosquid is aimed at professionals who can spend a given budget for a project.
And sometimes they want their stuff to be expensive so they can claim enough money for their next project. LOL.
And also remember that Vicky sold in much greater numbers than any Turbosquid model, and that you had to buy a morph pack, too.

I dont like V3 (And all their derivatives) very much, couse I think they are unecessary heavy.
Nothing against more polys IF their are used to make a model more realistic.
But with that many polys as V3 a Posette could have seven abdomens, four buttocks, bend like a pretzel without breaking, have shoulders that would make DaVinci cry and a talking vagina on top of that. LOL.
(Not to mention ralistic elbows and kneecaps)

Anway, I like Mashas looks and it will be fun to see if I can duplicate their face in V2 or even NEA.

stahlratte