Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: It's official, DAZ bought Poser Pros

Bobbie_Boucher opened this issue on Feb 10, 2005 ยท 66 posts

LaurieA posted Fri, 11 February 2005 at 5:14 PM

I guess no one's thought of the fact that prices will probably go up there and that there will be 2 stores where Daz holds sway? When prices go up one place they go down in another...but only for awhile. They then creep up to beyond what they were. At that point, those of us that are hobbyists will be priced right out of the Poser scene and won't be able to afford what we used to. That, or their'll be a lot of first borns given away... I don't like what Daz' buying of Poser Pro's signifies: a narrowing of the market that can only hurt and not help. And this is coming from someone that loves Daz (I have a couple products there and I have absolutely TONS of Daz items). A few people have mentioned a couple other stores. No disrespect to them, but PPros was possibly the fourth largest (maybe 3D Commune neck and neck), right behind Daz, ROsity and RDNA. After PoserPros, the next largest (or lucritive you might say), pales in comparrison and has a wide gap between. Unless most of us run to those other, smaller stores, Daz will get what they want - a much, MUCH bigger chunk, and therefore control, of the poser product market. I just don't see it as being a good thing. Laurie