Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Need some advise!!! Can anyone help me???

silverwingx opened this issue on Jan 07, 2001 ยท 25 posts

duanemoody posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 3:28 PM

Message170884.jpg There are two Ananovas: The first is the hi-res model you see on the cover of LW6 and the close-up promotional stills on her site in the A-Files. The second is the lo-res one they actually use in the animations. My guess is that they discovered late in the game that the model they created in LW had too many polys to successfully render animations on the kind of deadlines they have, and they're holding off on using her until desktop workstations are fast enough. When I was looking carefully at some of the A-files pics, I noticed something curious and posted this back in September. It's the same exact mesh as Posette. Now, Zygote sold this mesh in other formats for other systems, and Posette was originally designed in LightWave itself (the animation engine Digital Animations uses for Ananova.com). Zygote has no formal record of designing this figure, and DA refuses to answer emails asking about Ananova's geometry. Some interim work with the basic Posette head morphs allowed me to duplicate her head and face shape perfectly and nearly all of her features, with the exception of a few nose, mouth and eye points which are possible with the morphs freely available at MorphWorld (morphs which predate Ananova.com). Her eyes are the most revamped feature from the original mesh. Look carefully at the canned Ananova animations available for download in .AVI format and ask yourself if this figure has even the number of polys in Vicky's head. (10000 v. 3000) The 50 pages in the LightWave manual on organically modeling a head from scratch are worth the price of the book alone. Sadly, it seems you really need LW to do most of the tricks they demonstrate for building each part of the face.