Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Us brits being ripped off again?

zulu9812 opened this issue on Feb 20, 2005 ยท 75 posts

operaguy posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 2:17 PM

Sam Therapy, It least you had the character to quote my (granted) most inflamatory statement, so I thank you for that and here is my response. The heat in my response is due to the blatant corporation bashing. "Ripping off" means fraud, stealing, extortion, and forcing against one's will. I assume "taking the piss out of" is in the same category, but not being British I may be missing some element of mitigation in the translation. An acusation of 'ripping off' delivered with bitterness and anger is very serious. It is not delievered as an inquiry, such as "Hey, what's up, why isn't the price exactly equal to the difference in the exchange rate?" It is a charge of unethical behavoir. And the presumption is: Curious Labs is a pirate, no proof needed, they are a corporation, automatically evil and out to steal from me. So, when you look at it that way, my punch-back that 'i will answer in no uncertain terms and you will be screaming' is quite mild in comparison. In fact, I am pulling my punches. My real punches were in my first draft which I did not post. Now, to the forum: There is a world-wide disprespect for corporations and capitalism. I will not go into the reason here...that would just set off the political fireworks. If I were to start off a thread with the same smear against Greens, or a minority, or a religion, or a race, I would be instantly banned from Renderosity and accused of a hate crime. But I suggest -- and may I remind the forum that suggesting is not ordering around or claiming to own the thread or un-grown-up behavior, it's not even a "should" (I have received, obviously, many "shoulds" in this thread in return for my "suggest") -- I suggest people honor and respect corporations on their face until absolutely proven they are malicious. ::::: Opera :::::