Forum: Photography

Subject: Got me a new camera..whoopee!!! Had to tell someone!!

TomDart opened this issue on Feb 19, 2005 ยท 16 posts

TomDart posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 9:22 PM

JordyArt, TMgraphics and randyrives, First, Jordy, I have been looking and saving(yikes, that is not like me) for a year now and spent more than I really can afford. I guess it is like seeing a piece of artwork you simply cannot resist. This is the least expensive of the Nikkon SLR but still costly. I got my through Hunts Photo. I wish you the same thrill I have with whatever SLR you wind up with. Still, it is the photographer behind the image...the camera will not make up for that and I have a lot, a lot, a lot to learn there. Other folks mentioned: RAW required me to download an update to get the Camera Raw plugin that would work with Nikon/Photoshop. I wonder, having looked for good tuts, what is the best place to start in "correction". I suspect that would be white balance then highlights, etc. I really don't know and the tuts I have found on google don't really answer that. I will post an image when there is an image worth posting. I am more selective the last few months than before when first getting into photoraphy. Blessing and Peace to all. Tom.