Forum: Community Center

Subject: MODERATORS HAVE PULLED ALL MY IMAGES

jbeauvais opened this issue on Feb 23, 2005 ยท 20 posts

crrunchyfrog posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 5:08 AM

It looks like I'm a bit late to the post as Joe may not read this now, but I'll give my 2 cents worth for the benefit of anyone else who thinks its okay to steal other's work. I'm not going to get into a huge dissertation on what Art is, but I will say this. When an individual creates anything from their mind (not copying or whatever, just like the Masters did) they are creating an original work. Not just in appearance, the creation reflects every part of their brain functions, beyond that of technical training. What makes an Artwork unique is the fact that an individual created it and no other, even if he/she copied it, could produce the same image/experience for the viewer. If we all copied from each other, then Art would die as it would become as generic as the rest of reality. You can colour in other people's creations all you like, you will never be considered an Artist by most of your peers (and that's where Artists are really judged). Anyone can colour in. What we like to see in Art is originality, your OWN creations, from your head, not someone else's. I really can't see a point to calling yourself an 'Artist' otherwise. Personally? I see copyright violations like this another form of identity theft which seems so prevalent these days...really, people should find their own identity to express.