Forum: Community Center

Subject: MODERATORS HAVE PULLED ALL MY IMAGES

jbeauvais opened this issue on Feb 23, 2005 ยท 20 posts

crrunchyfrog posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 11:24 AM

Sorry I really didn't mean to be elitist, and as my post said, I don't wish to turn this into a 'what is Art' debate. I think it should be said here that Joe chose not only to use copyrighted images (which for many reasons, beyond that of artistic integrity, viotates the TOS and is illegal without the Artist's clear written consent) he chose to use the images of a very well respected Artist within this community. When asked to stop doing so, he continued anyway, thinking a simple credit will make it right. The bottom line here, as should be with all original artistic creations (not available for free public use) is that this is theft. The artist is not there to provide images for others to alter, in fact most would find such a thought barbaric and verging on vandalism. I know this sounds like an elitist stance, but an artist's creations are not only an image, but an expression of everything they have experienced to create it. It is something very personal to an artist and almost as if someone is taking their child and calling it their own. That may sound extreme, but we should think of these extremes, especially when specifically asked to stop doing something that is causing another distress. I should add, that I was being very extreme when saying that colouring in is not an artform, it is, but it shouldn't be seen in the same light as the specific work that is being discussed. No ill intent or elitest views intended :)