Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 6 Pre-order updates

Curious_Labs opened this issue on Feb 25, 2005 ยท 25 posts

tastiger posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 4:38 PM

I am not blaming CL for this as DR are only their online store - but CL may be able to get a straight answer from them as I cant. I posed a simple question in an email to them: "When Pre-ordering the Poser 6 Upgrade, although I am in Australia, I was only given the options of ordering via Euro or English Pound. I have just done a quick conversion comparison on exchange rates - had I been able to order in $US it would have meant a saving of about $34 AUD before freight costs. Is there some reason why Australian residents are not offered the option to purchase their product in $US ?" What I got back was a 1 page rambling reply but the essence of the reply seemed to be this paragraph. "- Tax was assessed to the order, causing the total amount of the transaction to be higher than the amount listed prior to purchase." As stated on the shopping cart screen: "For Minnesota, California and Washington state residents, applicable sales tax will be applied." We apologize if this information was not communicated clearly. Please note that Digital Products sold into ALL EU Countries will be charged VAT at 17.5%." My issue here is I am not in any of those States or the EU! I should imagine that my order already involves a component of US sales tax - but I have then been hit with the VAT component which should not apply to residents outside EU countries - Australia is subject to a 10% GST. I suppose my whole point is that I still want my copy of Poser 6 but I also don't want to be penalised a tax that I am not subject to and after all $34AUD is $AUD34. Remembering that that amount is before shipping - which shipping has amounted to roughly 1/3 of the total charge.....

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro