Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 6 Network Rendering?

xlcorp opened this issue on Mar 01, 2005 ยท 24 posts

operaguy posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 11:41 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2116014

Berserga, you say it is your opinion, but you call my request an obsession, as if irrational or request that reveals someone using the program in an inappropriate way.

It is not an obsession, it is a legit problem for my working style.

Yes, Wolf, I am familiar with the grammar of takes and the answer to your question of "why would you want to" is easy: fast takes have their place -- but so do long takes- and I perfer to work with one file on my long takes, because I can encompass the entire rhythm, sequence, camera movement and mood without having to jump from pz3 to pz3, and without the difficulties of stitching seamlessly.

There are other styles besides MTV. Just because trite youth has an attention span of .38 seconds does not mean a true filmmaker has to pander to this abnormality. In my opinion, filmakers and filmgoers who are addicted to lightening takes and cannot abide something long and sensual are hiding from intimacy. Now that is clearly just my opinion.

For an example of a long take, please see my one minute, 1800 frame, one-take animation, link attached.

Berserga, you've previously made the "choked on it" response as if in asnwer to why a person would only work with short animations, which (correct me if I am wrong) leads me to believe you are not rendereing out to individual frames, since a crash or freeze while rendering out to individual frames is not serious; one may, perhaps, lose one frame. In either case, why is Poser choking when rendering your animations? Have you gotten to the bottom of that?

::::: Opera :::::