Forum: Fractals

Subject: Hot 20 suggestions

nickcharles opened this issue on Mar 01, 2005 ยท 74 posts

kansas posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 11:44 AM

I have read each comment here. Here are just a few thoughts.

1.I have often thought that the title "Hot20" needs to be changed to something else. The title is highly charged. But I can't think of a good title.

1. Get rid of the "Hot20" completely. (I personally favor this option strongly).
  2. Give us the option to refuse votes if the "Hot20" remains.
  3. I have no fractal artists in 'my favorite artists' list. I come to the fractal gallery each day and view ALL the new posts. That way I can never be accused of viewing and or voting for just my favorite artists.
  4. There are so many fractal generators available and it might be nice to see on a monthly basis some representative images made in the different software programs. Such as Apo, FE, UF, TZ, XD, etc.
  5. Do away with 'Most Viewed', 'Most Commented', and 'Best Rankings'. (I also favor this strongly).
  6. Have our own 'Fractal Artist of the Month' where we can all vote. But no single artist can be picked for several months in succession.
  7. If the fractal "Hot20" is retained, only people who post to the fractal gallery are allowed to vote regardless of how often or infrequently they post here.
    Marion

Message edited on: 03/02/2005 11:47