Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A Poser Among Us?

Rhiannon opened this issue on Mar 02, 2005 ยท 96 posts

tlaloc321 posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 3:20 PM

Wow, busted! Copyright and intellectual property issues are among the most fascinating of our time. I think it would never even occur to me to use someone elses material in this way. I wanted to use an image of a flower I found on line as a majorly blurred out unrecognizable source for image based lighting as a backdrop for your (Rhiannon) fantastic Dominique character since I was only really going to use the color parameters as a basis for Vues lighting set up and decided not to as to error on the side of caution. I instead dug up an old photo I took and scanned it instead. Many people think that fair use mean as long as you dont make money on it. Although that is one of the parameters that would be under consideration in a lawsuit, there are so many other factors in play the point becomes hardly relevant. I have the chance to do some instruction in computers and whenever we use an image from the internet (within the context of a clear fair use situation) I use the word STEALING every time to reinforce the issue. I will literally say during instruction now go find the picture you stole from the someone on line in the My Pictures folder because I feel if we dont build the appreciation for this concept in at all times we will produce people who do not understand. Anyhow thanks for letting us steal (at $9.00 I consider it a steal) your characters and keep up the good work.