Forum: Fractals

Subject: Hot 20 suggestions

nickcharles opened this issue on Mar 01, 2005 ยท 74 posts

mac8 posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 6:06 PM

As a user of terragen I see some good suggestions here. The biggest problem we have in the hot 20 in the terragen community is, it is being abused by the fractal community.

There is 1 or 2 fractal artist that dabble in terragen (nothing wrong with that) however the problem is as soon as they post a terragen image no matter how bad that image is, the comments are always much the same. Hugs & Kisses VOTE Soon that person is number 1 or 2 in the hot 20.

This only diminishes the purpose of the hot 20. The hot 20 is there to reward an artist for exceeding the boundries of any particular program, not how many friends they have.

I encourage people to comment on as many images in as many communities as they see fit. But because they are friends shouldn't mean it's an automatic vote and this is what angers the terragen community, many outstanding works in the terragen gallery never get votes from the fractual crowd.

I often see comments that art is subjective, this is true, however one has to know these programs inside out to truly appreciate what an artist has accomplished.

My aim here is not to try and stir the pot, but to try and save the hot 20.

Message edited on: 03/02/2005 18:14