Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 6 Network Rendering?

xlcorp opened this issue on Mar 01, 2005 ยท 24 posts

maxxxmodelz posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 9:25 PM

"You can render much longer animations in poser but why would you want to?" Well, I can think of a few good reasons why you'd want to. For example: I had a motion-captured fight scene between two characters. The fight sequence lasted around 4000 frames @ 30 FPS. That comes out to about 133 seconds, or just over 2 minutes. I happened to be using 3dsmax for this, so I set up the environment, lighting, etc. the way it should be for the shot. Then I set up several cameras (I believe I used 4 or 5 different cameras at different locations in the scene), and animated them if needed. Once I scrubbed through the animation in wireframe mode to ensure I had the shots I needed in each camera, I proceeded a batch render on all the cameras and let the renderer do it's job. Once everything was rendered, I had 4 different camera shots of the same long scene, which made the editor's job (who in this case was NOT me for a change) a lot easier. He was able to piece together all the shots with quickcuts and post-edited zomming/panning/trucking to make a compelling fight scene. Worked out quite well. Sure, we could have saved lots of render time just pre-concieving the cuts and rendering them out that way, but this gave us a lot more options to work with when editing. However, certain parts had to be rendered independantly and integrated into the footage later... like character expression or reaction close-ups, but it wasn't a bad deal in the end. :-)

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.