Thu, Sep 26, 11:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 7:24 pm)

Subject: Poser Movie ???

Bobbyray ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 1:25 PM ยท edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 11:28 PM

Hi all,
A friend and I had an idea to make an 3d animated cartoon movie with poser. As you can guess, it is fun and a full length movie. We are however limited in our skills and would like other poser users to join us and have some real fun. We are putting it all together in Adobe Premier Pro as well. If anyone is bored and wants to help out, who knows it may turn out to be a real learning challenge and fun as well and possibly a money maker for all who work on the project. The more the merrier. It never hurts to ask. No pressures, no worries, just fun and all will have a dvd of the finished movie mailed to them along with any profits encountered according to your involvment. By the way, it is about Earthlings colonizing Mars after terraforming it with robots....and martians. Scifi is the theme. Verry funny events. We have a private website for the project and the movie is underway. Any level skills accepted. Thanks for reading this message and we hope to hear from you.

xlcorp ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 5:18 PM

Well, I really hope there will be network rendering in Poser 6. Otherwise I was really disappointed before, when I tried to render one scene: 3-4 minutes @ 25FPS 720x576 (PAL DVD) Room with some furniture, 4-5 lights and 2 figures with high quality textures. The rendering was done on Pentium 4, 3GHz with HT disabled (Poser doesnt use it anyway and my tests showed few seconds faster rendering without HT), 1GB DDR 400 (2x512 Dual channel), as of today you can get 20% faster computer (but I doubt if the 3.6GHz P4 is actually 20% faster). The fastest rendering of single frame was 14 minutes!!! 350 min. for one second of your movie or 350 hours for one minute. And youll have to render the whole thing at least twice before the final version ;) Good luck anyway.

Sydney_Andrews ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 8:59 PM

Sounds intersting. Where can i get more info? E

Bobbyray ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 11:40 PM

Thanks guys for the replys and comments. Yes, we are well aware of the rendering time needed and production time needed for any 3d animated movie. It is a large task and job but poser offers us the ability to do it with a team of talented and artistic team members from around the world by internet. We do have the ability and opportunity to make this a reality. We will succeed and perhaps be the first internet based movie production studio with all independent worldwide team members. We are not a company. Ideas are the basis for new ways of success and opportunity. Choice is our decision to try something different. I will send you an email to your reply requests for information (from this site).

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 2:35 AM

I'd like to watch the process just to learn how a "movie production studio" is not "a company" ::::: Opera :::::

Bobbyray ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 11:34 AM

Hi Opera, In the begining of anything there is an idea. Then people make the idea become a reality. Officially a company is a legal business that makes money by offering services and or products. We are not, we are a group of individuals making a movie which could and may lead us to develop and become a company, if all goes well in the long run. So, don't feel that you have to sit back and watch....do something. I checked you out on renderosity and found nothing added. Do you just hang out and insult peoples intelligence here? Do you actually use poser? Please learn to read and comprehend what you do read before making assumptions and judgements, not to mention comments. Sorry but I do not see or feel that you could learn by watching....denied. Director/Producer BRay

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 12:13 PM ยท edited Wed, 02 March 2005 at 12:14 PM

You offered this quote, above:

"We will succeed and perhaps be the first internet based movie production studio with all independent worldwide team members. We are not a company."

Why did you link these two things together? I took it to mean you do not intend to become a company and are in a sense anti-company, that is a quite fair interpretation. I expressed that I am doubtful you can become a "movie production studio" without becoming a 'company' with the implication of 'or some sort of formal ownership structure.'

Now you say you mean, we are not a company "YET." Fair enough. Now that you have clarified that statement, it is very normal for ideas and workups to proceed prior to 'becomeing a company' (or some other similar organizing entity) and all the best to you.

Meanwhile I deny that you "checked me out" unless you simply looked to see if I have a gallery, store and freebies. I do not. I suggest you do a search on my username and then make a more considered judgement.

::::: Opera :::::

Message edited on: 03/02/2005 12:14

Bobbyray ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 12:48 PM

Fair enough Opera. Perhaps it was my fault for not being totally specific and detailed. I said: We will succeed and perhaps be the first internet based movie production studio with all independent worldwide team members. We are not a company. Ideas are the basis for new ways of success and opportunity. Choice is our decision to try something different. That means exactly what it says. We may become a company if all goes well, a company that makes money and offers products (a movie), in the future. That was meant to let people know we are starting a project with an end goal. We are making a movie, a product to sell. Also, if we can pull this off, we can offically start a legal company. I appologize for the mis-understanding but there are many people out there on the web and yes here that love to insult others endeavers and comments without getting clarification from the author. (which is what you should have done, if you were not clear on the terms used.) Mature advice... So, are you game for the adventure as I feel you are? If you want to know more, email me at: bobbyray02@msn.com Bray

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 1:08 PM

Normally I would personally look into your project, but my own porject is not getting enough attention as it is and that is stressing me, it would not be fair for me to show interest when contribution is not realistic. Sincerely, best of fortune, and how great to be attempting such a wide-based effort. This technology is great. ::::: Opera :::::

Bobbyray ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 1:47 PM

I also wish you the best on your endeavors. I know the challenges and hard work involved. Dedication is everything. Yes, the technology today affords us all such great opportunities to advance ourselves and to learn. Try not to let it stress you out my friend, life is too short...he he Enjoy it or it is indeed a burden and stress you do not need. I live on an island in Paradise, (US Virgin Islands, St. John) and feel stress is something we make for ourselves by pushing the envelope, I can live without it and control my own levels. Although sometimes others share theirs with me. he he Best of luck, bro. You deserve it. Bray

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 4:59 PM

Is it against TOS to provide the website address here?

Bobbyray ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 8:39 PM

Hi Mizrael, Sorry but I am not sure what you are refering to. What website address? We are not and will not be posting any such web site address here. I did provide my email address and I hope that is ok. Are you interested in joining this project? Nice gallery you have! BR

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 9:20 PM

Ahh... well I guess since it's a private website (I should have read your message closer) you aren't publishing it. I'm not sure how I could help. I'm still learning animation in Poser.

Bobbyray ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 11:33 PM

Hi Mizrael, No problem. we are all learning here too. If you wish to join us anyway, perhaps it will help you to learn more. We are in need of someone to add bones and joints for characters at the moment and someone to create Mars rotating in space as an 3d object. If you want to give it a go, we welcome you. Email me for more info...see add above. Thanks Bray

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.