Forum: Vue

Subject: Difference between Bryce and Vue

Arctic_Scorpio opened this issue on Mar 01, 2005 ยท 52 posts

Phantast posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 5:13 AM

wabe - in Bryce you can position the camera as an object or use the "arrow" controls. In Vue you are forced to position it as an object because the arrows are so difficult and unresponsive. In many situations using arrow controls is much easier. In Vue I find I have to: 1) Select camera in object list, 2) Go to the top view, 3) Pan and resize the top view because all I can see is the camera, not the scene, in that little window, 4) Rotate the camera, 5) Go to the side view, 6) Rotate the camera again in the vertical plane. In Bryce I have to: 1) Make one quick twiddle of the trackball with the mouse to get the same effect. I will try the constrained dragging, but in most 3D applications you hold down a key while dragging, which is simpler thanhaving to select a lock control. The area render described above is not very helpful when you can't (in V4E) change the size of the main window. If I am rendering to, say, 800x600, then I want to be able to render just part of the image at exactly that resolution. Anything else is not much use. The fact that Bryce gives one two separate ways to do just this is rather nice, and another indication about how much thought went into the way Bryce was designed.