Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A Poser Among Us?

Rhiannon opened this issue on Mar 02, 2005 ยท 96 posts

Acadia posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 2:06 PM

I'm probably going to generate a lot of hate mail for saying this, but all tubers aren't bad. People have to start somewhere and not all people can draw or paint from scratch, yet they have creativity within them. So they use derivative/collage art to express that creativity (the above image is not a collage or derivate form of art). This form of art is recognized under the copyright laws. I tube, have for years, but I put the artists name in the file name and on images that I have used the image within. I also draw a little, but am by no way up to par with the likes of Royo or Bowser or many of you, but I like to make pretty things, so mainly use collage and derivative art as a way to do that. I also put the artists name on the finished image. Now I've found Poser, and it allows me to be express my creativity even more. Currently I use purchased textures and hair and clothes because I'm still new to the game. However, my goal is to be able to create my own props and textures, so that my "creations" will really be MY creations. Yes, there are people out there that use existing art and claim it as their own. I don't agree with that. A couple years ago I was a member of a tubes group in Yahoo, and the tubes sent through by the 2 owners were obviously the art of others. I sent an email to one of them one day and asked if they could include the artists name in the file name so that I could give proper credit (the file name contained their own name and the date it was tubed as well as a name they gave to it, but not the artists). I was surprised to receive a nasty email in reply, and find out that I was perma banned from the group for asking that. The internet is a 'take' medium, and I realize that anything I upload to it is vulnerable. I acknowledge that and accept it. Just yesterday I was browsing a website of someone that I know casually, only to find 2 pages that had content that was 100% verbatum taken from my own. I smiled and just shrugged it off. I was secretly flattered that they felt I wrote so well that they wanted to use my wording. Ideally they could have asked seeing that I am in their ICQ list, but it didn't bother me. What I'm trying to say is that yes, while there are some bad tubers out there, not all tubers are bad.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi