Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are you aloud to make look alike heads of famous people to sell?

7/8'sIrish opened this issue on Mar 05, 2005 ยท 38 posts

MrGorf posted Sun, 06 March 2005 at 5:41 PM

Or, to simplify The Artist Formerly Known as Prince, we simply called him TAFKAP. :-) Curious thing about Poseurs looking like celebrities (or trying to). You know, about looking so much like them that they worry it would imply an endorsement of some kind, etc. I wanted to show "Mandy" to an untrained eye, so I made the quick pic above. I asked, "What famous person is this supposed to look like?" My viewer could not guess, and even after being told, failed to see a strong resemblance. Yes, I bought Mandy, I thought it was a good attempt (and one of the very few I could recognize), but truly, I don't think we have to worry that she would pass for anyone. I just think it's a good texture set I may use on other stuff. So, about making figures that pass for celebrities, I'd say go for it... Unless it's extraordinary, I don't think the actual celeb would think it was her/himself. But celebrities can make great inspiration, because they are actual people, and typically attractive people... And in trying to capture their likeness, we can at least get to a point of saying, "Gee, that doesn't look like Vicky anymore!" :-) By the way, I tried very hard to spin the dials to get a face that looked like Jewel. I found that certain defining features (like downward-curving tear ducts) were not to be had in the standard morph set, so a likeness was impossible by those means. Still searching for a way..... ;)