Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are you aloud to make look alike heads of famous people to sell?

7/8'sIrish opened this issue on Mar 05, 2005 ยท 38 posts

leather-guy posted Sun, 06 March 2005 at 9:27 PM

"Etiquette Question: There seems to be an unwritten rule that we're not to utter the name of the people who these products are supposed to look like. I can understand not saying it in product descriptions, but can somebody explain why these things are not to be spoken of in forums? Or am I just being uptight?" I think it's a bleed-thru of the manner in which product descriptions have to be phrased in order to avoid claiming a likeness to a possibly litigious celebrity. The Product description of (for instance) "Ferd FlakeRock" can't claim it is or looks like "Fred Flintstone" without a proper signed release on file, and the creator avoids it in any promo material, postings, or discussions for fear of possible legal action. There's no actual onus against a purchaser or anyone not involved with it's creation or sale posting a pic or stating there's a resemblance as long as they don't label the image with the name "Fred Flintstone" or use it commercially in a manner suggesting endorsement. No one would slam me, for instance for suggesting I fancy a resemblance between the Rae character pak, and Dana Skully or even Gillian Anderson. It's just an opinion. If the Merchant stated or implied it to boost sales, that's another matter. In fact there's a product "Druna 2" on my wishlist because I think could be fiddled with to make a passable Jennifer Connelly or perhaps Laura San Giacomo - and I don't even do portraits as such.