Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Using Freeware to create free stuff - OK or not?

webmaster421 opened this issue on Mar 07, 2005 ยท 21 posts

webmaster421 posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 10:19 AM

Acadia, thanks for your post...it's nice to know that there are others who understand what it can mean to be so darned broke when it comes to a hobby. I'd get killed [OK, not REALLY killed!] if I spent a fraction of what I have read others spend on Poser. If I made money on my artwork, then I guess it'd be OK, but right now, my family only sees it as pure fun and therefore to them, it's kind of frivolis..of course to me it's SERIOUS work! But don't get me wrong, I do buy things from time to time, I mean I'd go CRAZY if I didn't!!! LOL LOL

Quote - I would love to be able to make my own textures, clothes and props, to give away no strings attached, but I don't feel comfortable enough in Poser yet.!

You and me both! I started creating backgrounds because it seems I always wanted something new for my renders and'taking' stuff from the web makes me feel bad...you know...cuz it is stealing...Thank goodness for the free backgrounds here and at other sites like this one! I think that you could probably make clothing textures if you have a texture map. If you familiar with PSP enough that you are able to make tubes, then you are talented enough to make textures! :-D That's my next goal...to make nice quality clothing textures. Eventually, I want to be able to sell some stuff to make money for my "hobby" while still offering free stuff too! For now...it'll all be FREE!!!! Best Regards to you Acadia! Now, let's go get creative and try our hands at making new free stuff!!! hehehe Hugz