Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Bit of a - double standards - rant

gillbrooks opened this issue on Mar 10, 2005 ยท 116 posts

Wylder posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 2:01 PM

"I don't say things like - "EWWWW it's a girl", "Not exactly my type", "Wrong gender for me"....etc., etc., - I simply comment on the artwork as I see it, as do most if not all the other female artists here who leave comments. Then why, oh why do is see comments from MALES in the galleries on male subjects (those who actually have the NERVE to comment on them) do they contain such phrases?? Some even appear to be complaining because the subject is male. Those same males rave and gush on any NVIATWAS images - but see a male render, clothed or otherwise and they get so homeophobic it creeps me out!" Thread drift is a wonderful thing.... Getting back to Gill's original rant, she's right. Many (not all) of the men here seem actually threatened by images of studly males, nude or clothed. Why would probably involve a very lengthy discourse on the male psyche, extending back into pre-historic genetic predisposition. The same thing with why women aren't as threatened by images of beautiful women. Guys, seriously, just try to get up enough nerve to comment honestly about the technical aspects of images of nude males, whether you find them physically attractive (or threatening) or not. We've given you all honest and appreciative feedback for years. Please give us the same consideration. Ish (trying to post this for the 2nd time- the first one got lost in the bit bucket)