Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Warning to gallery members

Heart'Song opened this issue on Mar 11, 2005 ยท 131 posts

DCArt posted Fri, 11 March 2005 at 9:34 PM

Stacey ... the team might think that the implementation is consistent and fair, but certainly does not appear that way from the outside looking in.

I don't think I have ever seen any image of Heart'Song's that I would consider objectionable. I have seen far riskier images done by some of the "favored merchants" that generate a lot of business for this site.

When we start receiving complaints and then see a violation we act upon it at that time. I am sure you can understand that Renderosity must follow laws, rules and regulations such as US, State law, paypal regulations,etc as well as our own TOS.

And what happens if someone was not aware that they committed a violation, for the reasons I stated above? If a person is not aware that they were committing a violation and suddenly find that they are locked out for three days, don't you think that would come as a bit of a shock?

It wasn't fair to Heart'Song. Especially when I look through her four-year-old gallery and see nothing that is of bad taste. I can see if it was a gallery full of images that pushed the boundaries, but that is definitely not the case here. The saddest part about this is when situations like this occur, it is rare to see Renderosity admit that they could have made a mistake, and could possibly owe someone an apology.

Message edited on: 03/11/2005 21:36