Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Katherine, (curious_labs) you said you'd answer all IM's...

tyd2 opened this issue on Mar 14, 2005 ยท 92 posts

PointLady posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 3:33 AM

I just noticed that Xena posted a reply to a thread that tyd2 started on the DAZ general forum Posted: 14 Mar 2005 21:48 Post subject: And you know the worst part, CL could have EASILY set up their own webstore using osCommerce or ZenCart and been able to offer multiple currencies, downloable (with secure addresses) products and set their own prices for shipping. _________________ Wonder why they didn't do this. They at least took preorders of P5 themselves and we were able to buy in US dollars. Joe Public wrote: @Pointlady: 51,59 EUROS for shipping to Australia is ridicoulus. I just checked Royal Mail, and a small package sent via airmail from UK to Australia is GBP15 for up tp 1.5kg. This is JoePublic speaking Joe this is what I am getting at with Digital Rivers. My initial order for P6 (the special price one for early adopters of P5, of which I was one) would not complete when I chose the Royal Mail option or any others to Australia. I believe there was some glitch in the system then, that was supposedly resolved - but not satisfactorily it seems - for now we have this outrageous shipping cost to Australia of 51,59 EUROS. My invoice from Digital Rivers shows this: 1 Poser 6 English Edition Upgrade from P5 - Preorder of 69,00 EUROS Shipping charge of 5l,59 EUROS. Egads, this is almost the price of the program. Hope this gets sorted out soon with Digital Rivers (or Curious Labs) to a reasonable shipping cost to Australia or else I might have to think about cancelling my order. I am resolved about having to pay in EUROS whatever CL's reason, though I think this stinks, but this shipping charge is outrageous. My experience with buying the pre-order of P5 from Curious Labs was we could pay in US dollars (although then with the very low exchange rate - it cost an arm and a leg) Shipping was around about US$11 I think for International Air Mail. The shipment landed at Sydney by Airborne Express, then went to Customs for our Goods and Service Tax (GST) charge to be assessed. Customs then rang you with the charge, which you had to pay before it was released for delivery. Some Australians who ordered P5 had problems because there was no Phone No on the delivery docket and their P5 was held in limbo by customs. Mine was luckily, but Curious Labs had my name and street correct, but not the state or location I lived in and it would have been returned to them as undeliverable if I had not made numerous phone calls to track my order whilst trying to find out what happened to it in Australia after Customs released it. Makes me wonder what will happen to my P6 order. Jan Ps there is an interesting thread on the LaRoo character included with P6 on the RDNA Poser forum too.