Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Katherine, (curious_labs) you said you'd answer all IM's...

tyd2 opened this issue on Mar 14, 2005 ยท 92 posts

PointLady posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 5:27 PM

Tastiger, I just got of the Phone to Australian Customs to ask about what happens here when the shippment arrives in Australia. GST will apply - that is our tax. It will be assessed on the product cost in Australian Dollars when they receive it at the current day's rate of exchange. The lady also said that we in Australia are only subject to our GST tax, not VAT for that does not appy to us. However Digital Rivers might factor some other costs into the charge, but essentially - we are only subject to GST. She also said that the electronic handling fee is based on products over AUD$250 so maybe this is what you are referring to. Telephone Customs yourself and ask, cause I may have misunderstood this part. I do still have my documents for when I purchased P5, I got the full version. This landed in Sydney on 13th Sept 2002 via Airborne Express (Internation Express) and from what I can ascertain the shipping was $US28.52. GST came to $AUD 99.43 which was based on the price of $US329.09 and converted into Aust dollars based on the rate at the time = $AUD 599.05 from which the GST was assessed. Mind you, the exchange rate back then was very low ($US1 = $AUD .50, (can't remember exactly). I ended up being charged on my credit card $AUS 771.60 for the program but this does not include the GST of $99.43 which had to paid upfront to Customs before it was released for delivery. Regarding the Phone No being shown on the delivery docket - well mine was, Customs telephoned me with the GST charge to pay. At the time on the forum - there were a couple of others whose program was in this shipment, whose phone Nos were not on the docket for whatever reason, and until it was pointed out - their program was being held in limbo by customs and until they contact them, they were wondering where it was. If there is not a phone No to contact re GST, I do not know if they mail you an invoice, because mine was thankfully for the Shipping Dept of Curious Labs (at the time) had my name correct, my street & No correct, but not the suburb or State I lived in. I live in NSW and it was address to me, my street, but in Bendigo, Victoria and if I had not of made numerous STD telephone calls to track it, it would have been sent back to Curious Labs as undeliverable. It did in fact take a trip to Bendigo, Vic first mind you but with my phone calls, I finally tracked down who the Courier Co was who was supposed to deliver it, and a very kind lady there found it for me. Anyway, you asked for this information - so I hope it helps you understand. I do suggest you ring Australian Customs yourself for any clarification. Jan