Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Katherine, (curious_labs) you said you'd answer all IM's...

tyd2 opened this issue on Mar 14, 2005 ยท 92 posts

ratscloset posted Wed, 16 March 2005 at 10:22 AM

I just want to point out one error of the thinking of those that are complaining about the price for a Download Version. CL contracted with Digital River to distribute Poser 6. The pricing of Poser 6 is the same, whether you download or buy box. The only savings offered for those Downloading is Shipping. All pricing is based on the Box Version. This means that CL is offering the Download Version as a convienance, not as a price point. Most companies do this that also sell Boxed Software. JASC, Corel, Norton, etc... Sometimes you can find the Box version cheaper (Norton is a good example of that) Some companies also offer a different Price Point for Download software. Most often these versions do not include a manual. I have seen boards where customers sit around and whine because they need to buy the box to get the manual, and want to know why they just can not download the manual. The comment about Stable Pricing is also common. I buy magazines that should be cheaper at times or at others more expensive depending on the exchange rate, but the publisher sets a price and stays with it until they determine they need to change it. One last comment: All of you that are complaining. If you were getting a better deal due to changes in the exchange rate, would you be whining this much about trying to pay more, since it was not fair pricing? If not, you need to either clam up and buy the software or not buy. Now if you truly would argue that you should pay more and would put this energy in trying to pay more, then go right ahead and keep this thread going!

ratscloset
aka John