Forum: Bryce

Subject: Raytracing (Bryce) vs Real Time (Unreal or Game Engines)

Analog-X64 opened this issue on Mar 16, 2005 ยท 10 posts

xenic101 posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 12:11 AM

First scroll back up to the top of the page....read below the Renderosity header. Then re-read foleypro's two posts carefully. Then click here ->Rochr with Bryce5<-goggle at the picture then scroll down to post #4.

Bryce was dead, kept afloat only by the love of its users. Now that Bryce is being resurrected, where have you all gone? The 5.5 upgrade is a cleaning up of the code to improve speed, and a bell and a whistle. DAZ knows what they have to do for 6 to be a viable package, and is actively pursuing those routes. i.e. "DAZ has contacted Kai Krause...the makers of Wings3D....Maxwell coffee....and the best Brycers bar none."

I'm seeing Bryce compared to specific purpose software. I am not willing to give up it's flexibility. I'm seeing Bryce compared to software that has shelves of how-to books at the bookstore. I am not willing to give up it's simplicity. I'm seeing Bryce compared to software that cost $400 or more. I am not willing to give up it's affordability

How much did you pay for Bryce? Was it the free Bryce4 from the magazine? $80 Bryce5? Or are you an old timer? Get Bryce3 for 6 furs and some shiny beads? I got Bryce4 for $160 shortly after it was released. I got Bryce5 from DAZ for $40, and I'll get 5.5 for about $25 after vouchers. How can you demand the same features of a $400+ program?

I understand that some people are posting comparisons out of concern for the future of Bryce. But that is not the tone Im reading. Over and over and over.

My Dodge Neon is not a Porsche 911! Whaaa!

xenic101
(sick and fucking tired of seeing his pastime thrashed about in the single largest BRYCE community on earth.)