Forum: Community Center

Subject: Just for Tim

TerraDreamer opened this issue on Mar 16, 2005 ยท 56 posts

Orestes posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 9:18 AM

Ok, I agree with Rids and Rich2 about the Fav Artists lists. I've had a list, but I have had the e-mail feature disabled since my signup. But I agree aslo that that won't fix this matter either. Its not just a matter of voting more, its like Khai stated, they will come and vote these works along. Either that, or people vote for things they like having no idea how the program works that made it. I see really impressive art in say the C4D forum, but I won't vote there, cause I have no inside knowledge to know if its H20 worthy or not. I think it is this knowledge that should have the leverage in the voting arena. This is most likely impossable to ever do, and even less likely to get the staff to do it, but I think a vote should reflect the number of images the voter has in the gallery that there voting in. I'll use myself as an example. I have 239 images in my gallery right now. I'll guess that about 180 of them are Terragen, about 25 fractals, and the rest Poser or Bryce. So if I see and image in the Terreagen gallery I like and vot for it, my vote woud be worth 180. So if this were true, then the experianced TG community could easliy overthrow these voting cliques, since they ould only have none to a view votes themselves. This is just a daydream of mine, likely never happen :) -Dave

Be nice, or I shalt smite thee!
  [ My Gallery ] [ My Freestuff ] [My DAZ Store] [ Homepage: www.orestesgraphics.com ]