Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: new DAZ promotion...

randym77 opened this issue on Mar 18, 2005 ยท 53 posts

wolf359 posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 7:11 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "The timing reflects desperation to take the wind out of a week that belongs to Curious Labs." ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ In your opinion you mean. after all one could argue this week "belongs" to EON software as well. NO offense and Pardon me, but such a gratuitous assertion might be somewhat credible if Poser 6 somehow prevented the use of any DAZ content.:-) after years of frustration,Poser users will soon have a well deserved lighting and render system on par with Lightwave and Cinema4DXL.( two apps that I own and use) I imagine many of them will love to see how their DAZ content looks under image based lighting. with HDRI. And YAaa "jessi and "Jim" look infinitely better than that horrible Don and judy, but they are as yet UNPROVEN entities and you still have to $$BUY$$ poser 6 to get them. The Mil folk are a proven, albeit flawed, entity with an existing support base already established and are a free Download to any bloke who owns any version of poser or DAZ studio. and yes the morph packs are a separate $$purchase$$ but alas even the most casual glance in the galleries would indicate that not having the morph packs is not major issue for many. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Any company confident in it's position would not run such a cheesy promotion as a penny sale just as the opposition is having its moment." If they were REALLY proud and confident, they would have raised prices." ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ????????.....In my opinion such an assertion indicates a complete lack of understanding of what DAZ's market is, and the Direction of 3D Software and Content in General. there is industry wide DOWNWARD pressure on prices in 3D driven by a number of factors. two of which are saturation at top end and an influx of new talent and interest in wanting to do CG Alias was the first to acknowledge that the $$Good$$ old days of the "Ferengi alliance" were over when they Drasticly lowered the price of the ultra expensive MAYA Complete and offered a free learning edition. And now we have a $500 dollar version of Softimage XSI and a sub $300 Dollar Side grade version of lightwave3D and despite vehement denials Discreet (3DMAX) will eventually have to follow suit the popular term is "3D Democracy" these are NOT 'Cheesy" Promotions but acknowledgment of a changing paradigm in the CG market. to see this one has to Try to be Dispassionate and objective enough to realize that lower prices for us end users is not always the nefarious machinations of an evil empire seeking to enslave us later on.

My website

YouTube Channel