Forum: Vue

Subject: vu5 infinite : Art killed by technology ??

rodluc2001 opened this issue on Mar 19, 2005 ยท 50 posts

MartinPh posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 3:05 PM

Imagine, you are quite right, obviously. There is no point in cultivated negativity - but IMHO there is just a little point in endless posts of the type "I got mine today!", "Mine is still preparing for shipment", "Can't wait till it arrives", etc. Personally, I found the level of hysteria over what is, exactly, just a tool, pretty absurd and at times quite irritating. Part of this has to do, I fear, with the fact that there are yet so many images in the gallery from which it is clear that people at times have barely mastered the essentials of material editing, decent lighting, or composition, in which case ecosystems etc. easily become the emperors new clothes... For myself, I decided not to buy anything from e-on for a while simply because I disagree with their European pricing policies. Maybe the day will come along when I get an idea for an image for which I desperately need the ecosystem, or some other V5I feature, and at that point I`ll probably put my high principles ;-) aside and buy it. But maybe some people indeed ARE jealous; not everybody is fortunate enough to just be able to spend 400 or 600 dollars at a whim. Imagine what visiting the Vue forum must feel like for those people, these days. I actually saw somebody offer some of his own software for sale so that he could buy Infinite...