Forum: Vue

Subject: A P P E A L - SAVE THE ART

czarnyrobert opened this issue on Mar 19, 2005 ยท 66 posts

dlk30341 posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 6:45 PM

Agiel...you nailed the problem "maybe we could draft some kind of charter to help people provide beteer comments and to help artists better accept constructive criticisms" I very rarely post any criticism, because a lot of people are thin skinned. In addition, I hestitate to IM anyone either. I would never say your art sux(never have never will, not that type of person)...that's not good. I've left some(not even enough that cover one hand) critiques before only to be IM'd & say don't do that publically. IMHO there is no real answer. I can think of 1 example where advice has been given(not be me), but the individual refuses to listen even though they ask for it...so what is one to do? I have to be honest...this topic & HOT20 have been beaten to death, that to me it's become quite boring. In addition all this friction is quite....well at this time I can't find the PC words to describe it. I wish I could offer suggestions to aide in this debacle, but I can't, for 1 reason...you'll never get all on board :(