Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: ...and the Download has Started!!

Vestmann opened this issue on Mar 21, 2005 ยท 256 posts

FishNose posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:08 PM

Phil, I want to upgrade to as to get all the old stuff with me. Which is why I want to have a full coipy to install onto. However that took SO long that I canceled it and did a quickie instead and now have P6 installed more or less clean. Here's the text from a text file shown after install - info about OpenGL: "Poser 6 offers OpenGL hardware accelerated rendering as well as SreeD software rendering options for the scene preview display. Unfortunately, due to the vast variety of graphics hardware available, hardware acceleration may not be supported on every system. In that case please use the SreeD software rendering option. Poser should automatically detect whether or not OpenGL hardware rendering is supported for your system, and if not, should default to SreeD software rendering. It is strongly recommended that users visit the website of their graphics accelerator vendor and update to the latest driver version. NOTE Checking the "Open Display Properties Settings" option on the following screen will open the Display Properties tab. Users may use the "Advanced" button to check the current display adapter driver version and configure optimal OpenGL settings. List of known issues and supported hardware devices: - ATI FireGL users should select the "Poser" profile for optimal performance. - Hardware acccumulation buffer usage might fail. We recommend leaving this setting set to software accumulation buffer. - If your graphics hardware does not support the creation of a pbuffer for offscreen drawing properly, you might encounter artifacts when rendering preview movies with OpenGL. If this is the case, please do not cover the document window in Poser while exporting a movie." :] Fish