Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Change in TOS...New Child Image Guidelines

wheatpenny opened this issue on Mar 21, 2005 ยท 425 posts

pakled posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 2:53 PM

has anyone ever given a moment's thought to the fact that this may not be a decision on the part of the Mods, owners, etc? It may be a dictat from their legal department. The lawyers have to keep an eye on current cases, rulings (establishing precedent, etc), and if a case went a certain way, then the lawyers would advise their clients ('rosity), that they are in an exposed or actionable position, and they'd better cover their buns (whether under 18 or not..;) by modifying the TOS accordingly.
There are all types out there on the web, and I mean all types. You wouldn't believe some of the areas of interest (whazza kwakiatul, anyway..kinda reluctant to find out..;). No matter what the object, there's someone out there who obsesses about it. It's a non-issue for me, I have zero interest in using kids in pics (with 2 children and 3 grandchildren underfoot), and Anime's always creeped me out a little, because it does look like little kids with big changes. (and why do they call it Anime, when the object seems to make sure nothing moves?..;) Let's see what goes, and what stays..you know, in the Victorian age, they used to 'airbrush out' (well, actually not paint in) certain attributes, especially when portraying the female form (see the White rock girl, or some of the pre-Raphaelites [and who's this Rafael, anyway?..;]), and when all else fails, you can always put some clothes on the puir dears..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)