Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 6 crash instantly when trying to save

tlaloc321 opened this issue on Mar 21, 2005 ยท 36 posts

tlaloc321 posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:26 PM

I am experimenting with Aavast the free one. I used to be able to download without turning it off now I need to shut it down before making downloads of poser content etc. Obviously now I need to shut it down for installs too. BUT in its defense I had this program a virus running maksing as MSGS.EXE. It would come on during long overnight vue renders and totally mess up my work. This would happen every few nights I would come down in the AM and MSGS.EXE would be conusming 100 percent of the processor and the computer was totally unresponsive. Ran Norton several times full scan everything and it reported no problems. When Norton ran out I tried this Aavast thing and it wanted to do all these full system scans the first time I ran it, so I let it do its thing on restart too and sure enough I have never had this MSGS.exe thing again. I used to see it in the processes and shut it down before rendering but it would come back on its own even without restarting the computer. Now it is gone totally so, maybe Aavast is more aggressive than Norton was but I will keep with it till it does something really awfull. Hey btw I am doing a GI render in poser 6 and it is really interesting!!!! very nice so far.