Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 6 crash instantly when trying to save

tlaloc321 opened this issue on Mar 21, 2005 ยท 36 posts

tlaloc321 posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:52 PM

mine crashed when I clicked anything in the file menu, I did not try the other rooms while I was having the problem. The fix was just as you said you have already done though - I shut down the firewall and virus protection during installation and first run. I was sure to uninstall Poser 6 before re installing it. I don't konw if that might be a difference in what I did and what you have tried. I just re read your post was the firewall and virus protection off when you ran the program after the install? I think that was in important point because when I first ran it the XP firewall popped up and wanted access then it crashed when trying to save or whatever. Of course with it turned off no problem and no problem since. I think this is the deal - during that first run Poser calls home through the firewall to register. If the firewall is on - it asks for permission to allow but by then it might be too late and your install is corrupted. So be sure to shut it off during first run after reinstall - I hope this helps you probably already did that but that is as much as I know - I left my tech email to Curious labs and if they give me some ideas I will forward them to you since I might get the email sooner since I sent it a few hours ago good luck.