Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Change in TOS...New Child Image Guidelines

wheatpenny opened this issue on Mar 21, 2005 ยท 425 posts

arcady posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 8:02 PM

Sexual predators are released everyday from incarcaration, most re-offend. Some sleazy liberal defense attory stood up for their "rights" and thes rest is an unfortuneate history. This happend over and over. This is a wonderful fiction of the right... As for standing up for rights... That's not sleazy, that ensuring the freedoms and liberties we value as a free society. It's what I personally did when I went to war for this country, and it's what I do now working in the criminal justice system. If we don't stand up for rights and freedom, people like you will strip us of all of them in the name of security. Someone has to be about freedom in all of this. When I went into the military I swore to defend and protect the Constitution of the United States of America from all enemies, foreign and domestic. I for one, value that pledge still, even if you don't. All criminals have high recidivism rates, and it's largely due not to punishment but to a failure to address the underlying conditions that led them into deviant behavior in the first place. In fact, we ostracize felons to the point that once they get out they typicall have no choice but to go even deeper into a deviant lifestyle. We take away their rights to travel, freedom of association, voting, buying homes, and even getting jobs - leaving them with no valid options and no ability to reform. For sexual predators, we do the same, but we also spend an amazing amount of energy focusing on their deviancy, making formerly asexual topics highly sexualized within our society - such as with the issue of children - to the point that we draw them to it like flies. We create our predators by first creating the fetish, and only then does it occur to people to consider that behavior. Sure, there have always been predators, but define and create more of them by focusing so much on what they do, and how they do it. We instruct each and every member of society on not just what is wrong, but how to define it, how to think about it, and how to do it. After all, in order to tell them not to do it we first have to teach them what it is and how it could be done. A policy like this new one doesn't help the issue. It either has zero impact or it helps to create the issue by making the topic of children further sexualized within our social norms. How many of us grew up thinking of cupids and angels and the Coppertone girl and kids swimming in the pond as sexual? I surely didn't, as did few others in my generation. But today we force ourselves to think of these topics this way... We create deviancy, we create predators, by misguided methods of trying to stop them.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery