Forum: Community Center

Subject: Change in TOS...New Child Image Guidelines

StaceyG opened this issue on Mar 21, 2005 ยท 174 posts

Orio posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 6:55 PM

ShadowWind, I understand your explanation. It is true that we are hosted by Renderosity. It is also true that we are those who make Renderosity survive through our purchases (and some of us also being merchants). Therefore, it is not a one gives-the rest takes situation. It is more of a give-and take situation. Renderosity gives us the services and we give Renderosity our loyalty and money. So i don't think that we should not have any word at all in issues regarding the galleries. Also I am worried about this trend. I try to put myself in the shoes of a puritan, if I was offended by nudity, all nudity would offend me, not only that of a certain age. And certainly if I was someone who sees perversion in a naked child, I would also see it in a naked adult, and I would judge it, too, unappropriate. So my point is that you begin to give a finger to the censors requests, and then you end up giving a hand, and then the arm. It's all consequent. Look what happened with the TOS. It became more and more restrictive with the years, and by conceding more and more to censors, they (censor) feel like asking more and more. The next step, you can be sure, will be the banning of all nudity, regardless of age. I don't know when it will happen, but looking at this trend, I can say that it surely will happen someday.