Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Change in TOS...New Child Image Guidelines

wheatpenny opened this issue on Mar 21, 2005 ยท 425 posts

lmckenzie posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 10:16 PM

"How realistic is this scenario?" Very. It happens in real life. I used to get carded when I was in my late twenties (ah, those were the days). That's why if you want consistency, you either have to ban non-sexual nudity entirely or allow it. As you say, it's much easier to have objective rules like no toucha da peepee. The best thing I can think of is to use the same type of polity that businesses use regarding alcohol and cigarette sales, card/ban every faerie who looks under 25 to give yourself a margin of error. If you want to avoid arguments--or at least lessen them, you have to eliminate the entire category of youthful looking characters about whoom there could be any potential disagreement. Call it collareral damage. Perhaps Daz with their team of anatomical experts can develop a Poser add-in that watches your morph settings and flashes a red light when any of them combine to produce a ban-able body. They could even take ethnicity morphs into account but then we'd see a flood of 25 year olf Phillipino faeries. Of course why the phantom pedo menace supposedly wants to lurk here to get off escapes me. Dudes, go to Barnes and Noble who successfullf fought to keep bringing you Sally Mann, David Hamilton, Jock Sturges, et al. Why would they want to look at often crudely rendered Poser images with distracting wings when they can see all the real nude children they want there, not to mention what a Google search will turn up for those so inclined. But I suppose the ways of the wicked, like those of the almighty and the bureauracry are not for us to understand. "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken