Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Some opinions about Poser 6

Schlabber opened this issue on Mar 23, 2005 ยท 76 posts

operaguy posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 11:28 AM

sbertram, are you saying the P4 engine has slowed down? I have not seen that, it seems to do the same job in P5 as in P4 (can't speak for P6 yet, and I don't think anyone can, yet, until the SR comes out adjusting some memory management problem that has been discovered). as to "each new version, poser's rendering abilities seem to keep getting slower and slower." I don't think this is true. FireFly has more quality options, and when engaged, they require more time. That is NOT a slowdown IMHO. as to "the original P4 rendering engine should still be able to churn stuff out faster than ever, IMHO." Why do you think that is possible? Perhaps in Poser4 they already got the engine to do all it could....that it is at the top of it's game. What could they do, subsequently, to make it go faster? I think the answer to making the P4 engine render faster is to upgrade hardware. It gets cheaper and cheaper and cheaper every year, and they seem to not be running into any significant walls, as I am suggesting might be true for the guts of the P4 render engine itself. ::::: Opera :::::