Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Some opinions about Poser 6

Schlabber opened this issue on Mar 23, 2005 ยท 76 posts

sbertram posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 12:08 PM

Hey Operaguy, Yeah, I'm in the "waiting for my box" club on Poser 6, so I'm going off a thread I read ealier, based on Jim Burton's render test .pz3 as far as P6's alleged rendering slow down. I DO notice a distinct difference in rendering times between P5 and P4 though, even when I'm just using the P4 rendering engine. That's one of the main reasons I still haven't uninstalled Poser4 from my computer. I use both programs, depending on my needs. I also upgrade my system regularly...just bit the bullet and installed 2.5 gigs of ram :D...that always speeds things up! I agree, more rendering options do not equal a slowdown. I've got no complaints with the firefly rendering engine...it is it's own thing. I'm just referring to the slow-down that I've noticed with the P4 rendering engine between P4 and P5 on my pc...I'm hoping that I may have misread the earlier post about the speed of P6 in comparison. I probably shouldn't spread the word on something I have no first-hand knowledge of, anyway. My apologies. As far as the P4 renderer's ability to churn stuff out faster than ever, I just meant that I wouldn't expect it to get slower...which it does for me. Glad it doesn't for you :D Maybe I should check to make sure I have the latest service pack installed. I would just imagine that over time, perhaps small tweaks could make the rendering engine more efficient. Maybe they DID perfect it in P4...but like I said: I can open the same animation file and render it in P4 and then open it and render the same animation in P5 and it will always take longer. I'm hoping this is not the case in P6...maybe someone can do a test for me? That'll be one of the first things I do once I get P6 installed. Sorry, don't mean to knock Poser. I love the program, use it every day. Hoping for the best from P6. I was just commenting on something I thought could help to improve workflow.