Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Change in TOS...New Child Image Guidelines

wheatpenny opened this issue on Mar 21, 2005 ยท 425 posts

Kendra posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 1:35 PM

"This is just a small aspect of a cultural war going on between religious cultists and the science based community."

Hardly. The only one's bringing religion into this are the ones falling back on a convenient scapegoat without really and truely looking at the whole picture.

At the core, this is about the climate surrounding the amount of child predators that seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately and the reaction to that. Suddenly innocent images of children in the bathtub are "suspect", Lawyers who take it upon themselves to sue "on behalf" of "victims", and the fear the whole thing creates.
There's the image processing employee who took innocent bathtub pics to the police who blew up certain elements of them to show the courts. The mom was found not guilty but not until her life was turned upside down. There's the couple and their new baby on the beach who had CPS called on them when they gave the baby an innocent kiss on the diapered butt.

It's about what you have on your computer and how it might be percieved by someone else. It's not about religion.

Sadly, 'better safe than sorry' is the drink of the day. I'm glad to see TPTB turn reasonable, I just wish they would stop making things up as they go. Establish a TOS and THEN inform individuals. I do hope they give everyone the chance to comply before handing out warnings like a cop on a power trip though (another thing they need to make improvements on) and consider that many are on holiday the next two weeks.

...... Kendra